Friday, July 17, 2009

I started my vacation on Sunday. I had big plans to get some things done around the house, and do some crafting, visit my dad and my grandparents. Then a 2AM phone call Sunday morning changed everything. My Mother in law passed away. Doris Curley Obit
Her funeral was Tues and Wed. My stepdaughter and her husband came up from Knoxville, TN. It was good to see them although it wasn't for a pleasure visit. We had a nice family lunch after the ceremonies at my sister in laws house. We all ate and talked and watched the grand-kids and great-grand-kids play around. It was almost like old times, except without my husband's parents around. Its so sad, they are both gone now. Sad and strange at the same time.

My dad is doing better all the time. I spent a couple of days last week at his house while my sis was out of town. We ran a lot of errands, did some shopping, and got him out of the house, and had lunch in the backyard. We even went out for Chinese! he is so sick of being "down" as he calls it, and being stuck in the house. His doc said he can finally put some weight on his leg. YAY! one more step to being less of a prisoner in his own house!

I did get to see my grandparents in Indy yesterday. They are 87 and 89. "I'm pushin' 90!" Grandpa says..lol They were happy to see me and I took them out to lunch at Mc Donalds. They really enjoyed getting out and they love "that Mick-Chicken sandwich"...although they were tuckered out by the time we got back. They don't get out hardly at all. I should visit them more often, really I should.

So the next three days of my vacation will be spend baking and decorating some cakes today. and getting started on baking a big wedding cake for next weekend. maybe a little sleeping in..maybe dusting off my craft desk..who knows...

so much for the enjoyable vacation i wanted...oh well..time away from work is time away from work! :-)

No comments: